Have any questions before you make the switch to epoxy flooring? Do you want to make sure it’s right for you? The following are frequently asked questions from our customers
How long can a well-installed epoxy flooring system last?
When an epoxy flooring system is installed properly by a professional the floors can last for over 20 years. There have been a lot of improvements in technologies that have benefited the lifespan of epoxy flooring. However, epoxy flooring systems life expectancies can vary depending on where it is being installed. For example, a professionally installed commercial epoxy floor will need a different amount of maintenance than an industrial epoxy floor that handles chemicals and machinery on a daily basis. But you can expect your floors to last 15 to 20 years down the road.
What are the benefits of Garage Epoxy Flooring?
The benefits of an epoxy floor are unmatched by any other flooring system. When professionally installed, an epoxy floor offers:
- Forms superior bonds to your concrete resulting in flooring that can handle heavy weight on a daily basis with ease
- Permanence, meaning it will last for decades after installation.
- Durability and strength are two of the more endearing qualities of epoxy floors because once professionally installed, your floors can withstand even the harshest of environments. From temperature regulation, chemical resistance, slip-resistance, oil and stain resistance, to even antibacterial elements can all be included with an epoxy flooring system.
- Aesthetics are a perk of such durable and strong floors. When installed properly your floors will have a glass-like finish with the opportunity to design them to suit your personality. Metallic epoxy is one of the most popular choices for people wanting to design their floors to reflect their unique needs and wants. The ability to create patterned, textured and 3D floors is not something you can get anywhere else.
- Epoxy floors are also eco-friendly! They require fewer materials than other flooring systems counterparts and therefore produce less waste.
- The number one most attractive quality of epoxy flooring is their affordability. Not only are these floors budget-friendly but they are long lasting and durable so in the end, your floors return your investment.
- Maintenance is almost nonexistent. Meaning, an easy mop or sweep is all you need to keep your floors in top shape on a daily basis.
Where can epoxy flooring be applied?
The many benefits offered by epoxy floors makes them very versatile; therefore, they can be found in a wide variety of places. Their multifaceted qualities have made them one of the hottest decorative trends in designing. Below are some of the places epoxy flooring can be installed:
- Industrial Plants
- Retail/Shopping Centers
- Nuclear plants
Why is epoxy flooring better than traditional concrete flooring?
The leverage epoxy flooring has on other flooring systems is its many resistant qualities against damage. Its ability to withstand temperature, chemicals, moisture and water, and even oil and stains, has also allowed epoxy floors to last for decades. The floors longevity leads to its affordability because of how little you will spend on repairs or maintenance.
How long does it take to install a garage epoxy floor?
This can be a tricky question to answer because each situation can vary the amount of time that is spent inspecting, evaluating, and assessing what your floor needs prior to installation. Your contractor must first check and fix issues that are currently hindering your floor before the actual epoxy application may begin. For example, residual coatings, paints, and stains need to be removed; therefore, cracks, dips, and chipped concrete must also be fixed. After all the precautionary but necessary steps have been taken, then your contractor will proceed with the installation of your epoxy flooring, then the clock can start on installation. Depending on the size of the project and what type of epoxy is being installed the installation process can take anywhere between 24 to 72 hours. However, the best way to know how long is to discuss this with your contractor.
What are the different types of epoxy flooring?
Epoxy is considered to be a multitalented flooring system that can serve different areas but offer amazing qualities. Below are some of the epoxy flooring systems you can find:
- 100% epoxy is the first one, these flooring systems are 100% hardeners and are the top end quality of epoxy coatings.
- Water-based epoxy flooring is popular for its quick installation and its ability to quickly penetrate concrete’s surface.
- Solvent-based epoxy is estimated to be 30% to 70% solids and solvents.
The list of the possible epoxy flooring systems goes on and on but the most important part of this is to remember you must talk to your contractor about what you need, what you’re looking for, and what kind of look and durability you’re in the market for. There are incredible qualities for all your possible needs and wants in an epoxy flooring system. Contact us directly for further explanation on what kind of epoxy would best suit your needs.
Are epoxy floors slippery?
Newly installed floors can be hazard ridden but thankfully with an epoxy flooring system installed that be can be handled quickly. Epoxy offers skid-resistant qualities that can reduce the number of accidents in an area. Safer flooring doesn’t mean more or harder maintenance, so making your floors resistant will not make it more difficult for you to maintain.
What is the maintenance like for an epoxy floor?
The best way to describe maintenance for an epoxy floor is, minimal. Daily sweeps to free your floors of any harmful debris that could scratch your floors is recommended and light mopping with delicate chemicals is encouraged. Deep cleans and harsh chemicals are discouraged to preserve the top layer of your epoxy. Avoid acidic cleaners and always discuss the care of your floors with one of our professionals.
Are epoxy floors good for commercial settings?
Epoxy floors are the best floors for any commercial setting because of their ability to withstand wear and tear. They are the best option for high foot-traffic areas because of their beauty and durability. Their long-lasting qualities limit the amount of interruption that would happen with replacement and repairs that occur with other floors. If you’re concerned with your business then the last thing you want to worry about is the functionality of your floors.
Are epoxy floors good for residential settings?
Any homeowner would be thrilled to install epoxy flooring! For low costs, you increase the value of your home by simply giving us a call. The floor’s capabilities to resist stains and impacts allows you to limit the amount of remodeling that may be required if your floors were damaged. The many different designs and colors allow each homeowner to create a home that reflects their personality. Residential epoxy flooring is one of the easiest and most cost-effective options you will make for yourself and your home.